Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fast paced food

I don't have much time in my day. Finding time to eat is an everyday struggle. The most recent struggle resulted in me ordering food to my dorm. I had no part in preparing this meal. All I did was provide payment, consume it, and throw away the garbage when i was finished. This method of eating is convenient. I doesn't require me to go out of my way at all. It also is the most time efficient. While my order is being made, I am free to do whatever I please. This allows me extra time to do homework, or just relax. I agree completely with Pollan's ideas discussed in part 7. He blames American culture for the shift to fake quick food. Our ancestors ate all natural food and enjoyed doing it and stayed healthy. Meals were not only for nutrition but it was a time to bring family and friends together to sit down, relax, and enjoy the food being eaten. Looking back at that meal, I believe that i have become like all other Americans. I used to enjoy hearty home made food as a family, but now have opted for the more convenient, unhealthy, and easy food. I eat simply because of hunger, instead of enjoying and actually tasting my food.

No comments:

Post a Comment